Evo Meatball Recipe
Serves 10 – 12
1 pound of ground all-natural beef
1 pound of Berkshire ground pork
1 pound of ground grass-fed veal
1/4 of cup 50% sweet shallots with 50% garlic puree
Three handfuls of pecorino romano cheese
Two handfuls of day-old bread crumbs with a little bit of milk added
One handful of chiffonade basil
One handful of Italian parsley
1) Place meats in a mixing bowl and combine (do not add seasoning).
2) Place eggs into the mixing bowl and combine.
3) Begin seasoning. Add sweet shallots/garlic puree, sea salt sprinkled on top, sprinkle in pecorino romano cheese, add day-old bread combination, add basil then mix.
4) If the mixture is to “loose” add two pinches of Italian Bread Crumbs, repeat if necessary.
5) Salt and Pepper to taste
6) Let stand for 5 minutes
7) Add 1/2 inch olive oil to a pan and put in medium/medium-high heat
8) Gently place the meatballs into the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side.
9) Place in marinara sauce and cook low and slow for 1.5 – 2 hours.